Ultrasonic microvibrations can be generated by means of mechanical and electrical components. The advanced electronics and software of the device console to generate its unique, patented, dual wave.
- Mectron’s “dual wave technology” – overcomes the limitations of single wave, conventional ultrasonic technology
- Primary wave between 24-36 KHz modulated by a secondary low frequency wave from 30 to 60 Hz
- Dual wave maximizes cutting efficiency, ensures a seamless cutting action, and prevents bone overheating and necrosis.
PRIOPRIETARY FEEDBACK SYSTEM
- Our unique Feedback System guarantees that insert and handpiece vibrate in unison, ensuring the best clinical performance.
- Advanced safety control system automatically recognizes deviations from normal functioning in less than 0.1 seconds.
- Built-in self-diagnostic system informs the user of the causes of malfunction, always ensuring safety and performance.
PIEZOSURGERY®’s unique cutting action results from the application of ultrasonic modulated vibrations generated by piezoelectric ceramic discs located in the handpiece to a surgical insert. Thanks to the sophisticated electronic controls, PIEZOSURGERY® inserts vibrate only along their longitudinal axis, thus maximizing cutting efficiency, with less mechanical stress on the insert tips and overall less heat generation.
- High frequency electrical impulses from the console to the ceramics discs of the handpiece.
- Electricity induces mechanical deformations of the ceramic discs, which are transferred into the titanium concentrator.
- Vibrations in the concentrator transfer to the insert, generating its micrometric cutting action.
- Inserts’ micrometric movement is mainly linear to maximize cutting efficiency along longitudinal axis of the handpiece.